Thursday 28 June 2012

Huntington Botanical Garden

During our trip to California we spent an afternoon at the Huntington Botanical Gardens at San Marino. The first thing I had to lay my eyes on was the Rose Arbour. My husband has agreed to build me an arbour in the new garden and I wanted to be sure he understood the scope of the project.



He required a tranquil spot to regain his equilibrium so we headed for the Japanese garden. I hadn't been a big fan of Japanese gardens but OMG I am now.


I didn't say anything but a bridge has been added to the garden structure list. Now needing some distraction myself we enjoyed the sights and scents of the herb garden.



More Huntington adventures in the next post....

5 comments:

  1. I'm a CA native and there are so many beautiful gardens there to enjoy. San Francisco has an incredible Japanese Garden, too. I love how serene Japanese gardens are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huntington Gardens looks very varied and impressive - I look forward to the next lot of adventures - and the future arbour and bridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says the building of the rose arbour will be his romantic gesture right up there with the gardens for QE1.

      Delete
  3. Gardens like this are so inspirational aren't they? I always come home with a few new ideas. There looks like there was lots to fuel your plans for a rose arbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning a new garden is wonderful for letting the imagination run wild. At some point I have to do a serious pruning of my ideas list, however as you point out, there are always new things to add.

      Delete